Один квадратный тотализатор: легкая сумка для шитья
So have I convinced you? Let’s get started with this easy tote bag sewing tutorial!
- 75 x 75 cm (30 x 30″) square of fabric (cut from a sheet or other fabric source)
- 20 x 25 cm (7 ¾ x 10″) piece of fabric for the pocket (optional)
- 16 cm (6 ¼”) long zipper, measured between zip stops, for pocket (optional)
- Measuring, cutting and sewing supplies
You can do this however you want, but for me the easiest way was to cut a piece of my sheet slightly larger than necessary then fold it once in one direction and another time in the other direction (for four layers total). Then, using a rotary cutter*, quilting ruler*, and cutting mat*, cut one half the total length (37.5 cm or 15″) from each folded edge.
Skip to step 11 if you are NOT sewing the optional zippered pocket.
If you have limited experience with zippers, read my sewing lesson on how to sew an exposed zipper.
Here come the first French seams of this project!
7. Fold the pocket in half, wrong sides facing, lining up the short ends. Sew down the two sides 1 cm (3/8″) from the edge.
8. Trim the seam allowances close to the stitching.
9. Turn the pocket wrong side out, iron flat and sew down the two sides 1 cm (3/8″) from the edge. (top)
10. Turn the pocket right side out again and iron flat. Put the pocket to the side for now.
(click below to continue reading)